How to get your property SOLD!
This issue outlines 3 proven ways to ensure a successful sale for your property.
Selling property can be an emotionally charged experience, from the initial excitement of making the decision to sell, through to the thrill of seeing your property sell for a higher than expected price.
Once you have made the decision to sell, it is important to understand what you can control and what may be outside of your influence.
For example, by selecting a local, qualified agent, you will have access to the latest market trends and information, however external market influences such as interest rates and the economy can fluctuate daily.
– Setting a realistic asking price is essential to attract the right buyers and encourage them to seriously consider your property to purchase. If you start with an unrealistic price, you may be pricing yourself out of the market. If the market is strong, it pays to be conservative with your price range estimates as it is likely to increase interest from serious buyers, creating more competition and potentially securing a successful sales outcome sooner.
– To assist you in establishing a fair market price for your property, the best source of local knowledge, market information and recent sales history is most likely to be your local agent.
– Although this may sound obvious, a well-maintained and well- presented property is likely to sell faster and for a much higher price than a poorly maintained property. Overgrown gardens, crowded and cluttered rooms, dirty interior or weathered exteriors are likely to deter potential buyers and increase their bargaining power when negotiating price.
– When preparing for property inspections and sale consider soft lighting to brighten rooms, tidying the outside and cleaning the windows. It can pay huge dividends when you pay attention to the small details.
– If a picture is worth a thousand words, then an effective property marketing campaign could be worth thousands more.
– Prospective buyers are busy and they have likely looked at tens or even hundreds of properties online and at â€˜open for inspectionsâ€™. How can you make sure your property stands out in a crowded market and leaves a positive, favourable impression with serious buyers?
As you have invested time and money in preparing the property, why wouldnâ€™t you also invest in high quality photography to showcase the properties unique features?
There are many other factors that can influence a successful sales outcome for your property. To find out how to set the right sales price, prepare your property properly and market it to its best potential, we recommend partnering with a trusted real estate agent who has local expertise, has successfully listed and sold properties in your area and is an effective communicator who understands your needs.
At House 2 Home Real Estate we are focused on helping you achieve the price you want when selling your property. We will work with you to understand your selling requirements and develop a selling and marketing strategy that works for you.
Successful Sale Checklist:
– Is the market heating up or cooling down?
– Do your price expectations match market reality?
– How many similar properties are available in the area? – What is the recent sales history of similar properties?
– Is your property clean, tidy and well-presented?
– Are the outdoor and garden areas clean and tidy?
– Are the windows cleaned?
– Is the interior clear of clutter and well lit?
– Have you used high quality photography for marketing purposes?
– Does your agent have an effective marketing strategy to drive qualified enquiries?
– Have you identified and engaged a trusted agent who is skilled in negotiation to advise you on the best-selling strategy for your property?
Uncertain of the answers?
Contact us today for a selling strategy that works for you